Use this hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder calculator to calculate every piece of information. Easily calculate the cylinder characteristics such force, stroke times, velocity and volume. But let’s not stop there.
You may also want to know how large your port sizes need to be, dead length, buckling loads, burst pressure and structural information as well. This calculator does that too.
Beyond that, this calculator also allows you to apply external loads, add regenerative circuits and midspan support for buckling.
Everything you need to know in this simple online calculator.
Remove ads. Save your Data. Go Pro Today!
1. For trunion cylinders, the retracted length is the distance from the rod clevis to the first mounting point.
2. A traditional cylinder is considered supported if the barrel is constrained from translation at the head.
3. A trunion cylinder is considered supported if the free end is prevented from translating.
4. Contact your local cylinder manufacturer about applicable standards for cylinder approval.
5. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this cylinder calculator, The
Mentored Engineer does not assume responsibility for designs produced from it or any adherance to any standard.